PRECISION: Pumping the “un-pumpable.”
AXIS Extrusion technology is engineered to accurately pump and extrude virtually any medium to high viscosity product. Extrude product in sheets, rows, through dies or over long distances with ease. The key: High torque, low shear, counter-rotating synchronized augers. Right-angle large stuffing roller. Tight tolerances. Precision machined pressure tunnel. All working together to keep product flowing consistently, without voids, damage or raising product temperature more than 1-2 degrees. Jacketed hoppers keep product at ideal working temperatures.
FLEXIBILITY: Expanding possibilities.
Imagine portioning an entire block of frozen butter into your mixer without tempering it first. Or extruding breakfast bars with large inclusions like chocolate chips, fruit particulates or nuts without secondary processing. AXIS pump feeders and extruders are designed to handle this and more. Highly-viscous materials from 500,000 to 1,000,000 centipoise? No problem. Ask our experts about post-processing accessories such as wire cutters, slitters, sizing rollers, vertical or horizontal guillotine cutters, interchangeable die plates and ultrasonic cutters.
INNOVATION at a glance:
- Precisely feed, size, sheet deposit or portion product that won’t flow by gravity
- Accurately control feed rates ensuring uninterrupted flow
- Gentle handling ensures product is not overworked
- Eliminate air pockets and voids at the inlet
- Maintain consistent pressures with PID controls
- Achieve ΔT’s of less than 1-2 degrees
- Consistently feed highly-viscous materials from 500,000cP to 1,000,000cP
- Extreme accuracy across widths of up to 1200mm
- Easily interchangeable dies and tooling
- Sanitary, easy to disassemble, 100% wash-down
- Optional filling depositors (i.e. jellies, jams, and chocolates) between layers
- Wide range of accessories: wire cutters, slitters, sizing rollers, vertical or horizontal guillotine cutters, interchangeable die plates and ultrasonic cutters.